alphabet soup, corn, garlic clove, gluten-free, gluten-free soup, gratitude, healing, healthy-living, hemp seeds, Medjool dates, nourishing, nourishment, nutritional yeast, nutritious soup, oregano, plant-based, postaday, raw food, raw food chef, soup, soup for children, sun dried tomatoes, tomato, vegan, vegetable bouillon cubes, vegetable soup, vegetarian, zucchini
Every time you appreciate something, every time you praise something, every time you feel good about something, you are telling the universe: ‘More of this, please.’ You need never make another statement of an intent – and if you are mostly in a state of appreciation, all good things will flow to you.
Tonight I’m grateful for
- The clear focus I had at work today
- Feeling strong and energetic all day
- A new 21-day meditation challenge starting today
- Amie Sue Oldfather’s wonderful recipes
I have a special treat for you. My friend Amie Sue is a Raw Food Chef, and creates the most incredible recipes. Tonight I want to share her Vegetable Alphabet Soup recipe. Amie Sue says, “This soup can be eaten at room temperature or heated up on the stove. That is your call. Keep in mind that the soup will get even better the following day as the ingredients start to meld together.” She has done the most creative thing with the letters of the alphabet. She cut them out of zucchini strips! Who would have thought of that?
I am grateful for her knowledge and her willingness to share her recipes. You can find them all at nouveauraw.com
For additional pictures and Amie Sue’s light-hearted commentary and full instructions click here.
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups tomato, rough chopped (2 large)
- 2 cups zucchini (left over from making the alphabet)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrate if hard
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup carrot, rough chopped (1 large carrot)
- 1/4 cup rough chopped celery stalk (1 stalk)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp Napa Garden seasoning (tomato, basil, garlic)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Hand mix in at the end:
- 1 1/2 cup zucchini alphabet letters
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup peas, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- I used 2 zucchini total for this recipe. I sliced the zucchini into thin strips with my mandolin and punched out the letters. The leftovers from the letter making are what I used in the soup base. Therefore, no ingredients were wasted.
- Place in the blender the top ingredients listed under ” blend to a puree”. Blend to a creamy soup mix. I used the “soup” button on my Blendtec.
- Pour the puree into a large bowl and hand mix in the; alphabet letters, cherry tomatoes, peas and corn.
- Serve at room temperature. To warm the soup you can place the bowl into the dehydrator and warm to the desired temperature. Another alternative is heating it on the stove. If you wish for the soup to remain raw, only warm it to 115 degrees.
Prepare with love and eat with gratitude!